LOVELY VIEWS OF BRECON BEACONS • VINTAGE LOCOMOTIVES
- Adult Age 16+
- Child Ages 2-15
- Infant Up to 2 years
- Family Saver Ticket Child Price per child
- Adult with Wheelchair
- Privilege Railtrack (ATOC) • Adult Valid membership code will need to be entered
- Privilege Railtrack (ATOC) • Child Valid membership code will need to be entered
- GLTW Adult Valid membership code will need to be entered
- GLTW Gold Valid membership code will need to be entered
VINTAGE LOCOMOTIVES WITH LOVELY VIEWS OF BRECON BEACONS
The line runs from Pant, 3 miles North of Merthyr Tydfil, to Torpantau following part of the route of the original Brecon & Merthyr Railway which closed in 1964. The journey takes you into the Brecon Beacons National Park, through Pontsticill and along the full length of the Taf Fechan Reservior before climbing to Torpantau high in the Brecon Beacons and the summit of the original line.
- The return trip lasts approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes which includes a 25 minutes stop by Pontsticill station and Reservoir.
- Train will go direct from Pant to Torpantau and only stop in Pontsticill on the return.
- At our main station in Pant you can visit our Licensed Tearooms for refreshments, gifts and souvenirs are available from our Shop.
- You can also visit our Workshop where the Steam Locomotives and Carriages are repaired.
- Please note, departure times may vary slightly